Down Payment Resource Job Posting: Product Manager
Down Payment Resource® (DPR) maintains a comprehensive, nationwide database of down payment assistance and affordable homeownership programs and provides tools for homebuyers, mortgage lenders and real estate professionals to match buyers with programs for which they qualify. Use of a down payment assistance program can often be the determining factor that makes homeownership possible. Our mission is to ensure that every aspiring homebuyer is aware of these programs and the full range of financing options available to them.
DPR seeks an individual to bring passion for our mission to the position of Product Manager and be responsible for defining and overseeing delivery of ongoing additions and enhancements to our suite of web-based products for the affordable housing finance industry.
In collaboration with DPR’s Business Development, Operations, and Software Development teams, this person will ensure effective definition and implementation of:
• Product Vision – comprehensive documentation of envisioned target-state product requirements, features and capabilities
• Product Advisory Group – forum for collaboration with existing and prospective customers, users and other stakeholders to understand and anticipate needs
• Product Roadmap – prioritized sequence of development projects informed by the Product Vision and taking into account critical factors of time, cost, value and impact
• Decision Process – principles for disciplined, data-driven evaluation of product development priorities
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Develop and document the vision for future additions and enhancements to DPR’s product suite.
• Work with clients to understand their needs and collaborate with DPR teams to develop innovative and effective solutions. Where relevant, conduct market research and client feedback sessions to identify market needs. Perform market and competitive analysis. Market-test product concepts to evaluate reception and projected business impact.
• Oversee and monitor all stages of product creation: ideation, design, development, testing and launch.
• Develop user stories.
• Manage and prioritize the product backlog based on current requirements.
• Participate in Agile ceremonies.
• Define and analyze metrics to measure the success of DPR’s products. Collect and document feedback from internal and external users to drive enhancements. Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team to create training documents and demonstrate new product features to end users.
• Be the subject matter expert for DPR’s product suite and act as a product evangelist internally and externally.
Skills, knowledge and experience required for this position include:
• Three or more years as a product manager or product owner
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design and execution of a multi-faceted product strategy
• Strong knowledge of housing finance, affordable lending and down payment assistance markets
• Strong knowledge of Agile software development methods, tools and technologies
• Working knowledge of web-based application architectures and technologies
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Strong analytic skills
• A self-starter with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
• Excited about startup culture
• Vision to connect product features to business results
• Keen interest to stay abreast of relevant best practices, trends, and innovations
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or in Business or Marketing with significant experience in software engineering and information technology.
• Knowledge of systems and technologies commonly used in the mortgage lending and housing finance industry (ex: loan origination, automated underwriting, document preparation, etc.)
• Knowledge of real estate brokerage and multiple listing service business drivers and technologies
• Familiarity with Jira and related SDLC tools
• Virtual (work-from-home) work environment
• Metro Atlanta preferred, but not required
Up to $120k, depending on experience.
Please remit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Down Payment Resource on LinkedIn for updates.